A great autumn recipe that would make a lovely speedy weeknight dinner but could just as easily make a wonderful dinner party recipe, dry this delicious salmon recipe this week.
Salmon is a really great source of omega-3 fatty acids that are great for keeping your heart healthy and your hair, skin and nails looking great. Leeks are in season throughout autumn and winter and make a great addition to this dish as their crunchiness goes really well with the salmon’s smooth texture.
What’s more, leeks are a great source of fibre as well as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and will help you along towards your five-a-day.
HOW TO MAKE CHARGRILLED SALMON WITH LEEK AND TARRAGON SAUCE
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan and add the leeks. Sweat the leeks for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the vegetable or fish stock, bring to the boil and reduce by half. Add the cream and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Finally add the tarragon leaves.
- When you're ready to cook the salmon, preheat a cast-iron, ridged grill pan. Brush the salmon with a little oil, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the fillets on the grill pan, flesh-side down, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reheat the sauce, pour it on to a plate and top with the salmon fillets.
- 25g (1oz) unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 150ml (¼pt) vegetable or fish stock
- 150ml (¼pt) whipping cream
- 1tbsp tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 x 175g (6oz) salmon fillets, skin on
Top Tip for making Chargrilled Salmon with Leek and Tarragon Sauce
This creamy sauce is also a great partner to chicken or turkey, or a meaty white fish such as hake. And it’s really easy to make too!
Meghan Markle spoke with the Queen before Prince Philip's funeral, after physician advised her not to travel with Harry to UK
Meghan Markle reached out to the Queen before Prince Philip's funeral last Saturday
By Emma Dooney •
Ghost would have been a disaster if Patrick Swayze hadn't made this huge decision
Whoopi Goldberg has revealed that it was Patrick Swayze who made this important decision about the film Ghost
By Laura Harman •
Ellen DeGeneres criticized after revealing she drove wife Portia de Rossi to hospital under the influence of cannabis drinks and sleeping pills
She consumed them before realizing Portia needed urgent treatment
By Emma Shacklock •