A great autumn recipe that would make a lovely speedy weeknight dinner but could just as easily make a wonderful dinner party recipe, dry this delicious salmon recipe this week.
Salmon is a really great source of omega-3 fatty acids that are great for keeping your heart healthy and your hair, skin and nails looking great. Leeks are in season throughout autumn and winter and make a great addition to this dish as their crunchiness goes really well with the salmon’s smooth texture.
What’s more, leeks are a great source of fibre as well as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and will help you along towards your five-a-day.
HOW TO MAKE CHARGRILLED SALMON WITH LEEK AND TARRAGON SAUCE
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan and add the leeks. Sweat the leeks for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the vegetable or fish stock, bring to the boil and reduce by half. Add the cream and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Finally add the tarragon leaves.
- When you're ready to cook the salmon, preheat a cast-iron, ridged grill pan. Brush the salmon with a little oil, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the fillets on the grill pan, flesh-side down, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reheat the sauce, pour it on to a plate and top with the salmon fillets.
- 25g (1oz) unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 150ml (¼pt) vegetable or fish stock
- 150ml (¼pt) whipping cream
- 1tbsp tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 x 175g (6oz) salmon fillets, skin on
Top Tip for making Chargrilled Salmon with Leek and Tarragon Sauce
This creamy sauce is also a great partner to chicken or turkey, or a meaty white fish such as hake. And it’s really easy to make too!
Vegan protein: alternatives to meat for a balanced plant-based diet
These tasty meat-free alternatives will keep you feeling full.
By Lauren Hughes •
Homemade brioche buns with lemon mayo prawns
Learn how to make soft buttery brioche buns at home
By Jessica Ransom •
Cheese and bacon hush puppies
Once you’ve tried one, you’ll be back for more!
By Jessica Ransom •
How to copy Jenna Coleman's 70s style in The Serpent
From the kohl liner to the fringe, there's little about Jenna Coleman's 70s style that we wouldn't want to recreate.
By Fiona Embleton •
Pentagon turns down Trump's request for military-style farewell parade
There will be no military-style parade for Donald Trump as he vacates office on Wednesday 20 January
By Kudzai Chibaduki •
Jennifer Aniston once shared the exact lipstick she wore on "Friends"
Now THIS is a throwback!
By Lucy Abbersteen •