By Rosie Conroy
Move over, boring satay! We've given the classic dish a spicy kick with this recipe that one of our team picked up in Bali.
The chicken is marinated in coconut cream, curry powder to give it a burst of flavour. We have also used ketchup manis in the peanut sauce which is an Indonesian sweet soy sauce, available in Marks & Spencer. If you can't find it, you can replace with a simple mixture of soy sauce and brown sugar.
Serve with a light side salad with a simple rice vinegar and chilli dressing to compliment the powerful flavours of the chicken.
- 150g salted, roasted peanuts
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 2 red chillies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3tbsp ketchup manis (from M&S)
- 150ml warm water
- 4tbsp coconut cream
- 2tbsp curry powder
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, skin on
For the salad
- 3tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 cucumber, halved, deseeded and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- handful beansprouts, stir-fried
- 1 gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Blend the peanuts, sugar, chillies, garlic, ketchup manis and warm water in a blender, until you have a smooth sauce.
- Mix together the coconut cream and curry powder, and rub onto the chicken. Leave to marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- For the salad, combine the sugar and the vinegar and pour over the cucumber, carrot and beansprouts. Arrange in a bowl with the lettuce, coriander and chilli.
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Heat an ovenproof griddle pan until smoking. Add the chicken skin-side down until slightly charred. Flip and put into the oven for 15-20 mins, until cooked through. Serve sliced with the salad and sauce.
The EXACT Mood lighting you need to maximize your chances of getting laid
How you can easily increase your likelihood of having sex, according to a study...
By Selina Maycock •
Line of Duty star reveals serious season 6 twist - are you ready for this?
This is one twist we didn’t see coming...
By Emma Shacklock •
Why does Gabrielle cover one eye and what are the effects of ptosis?
Gabrielle was recently un-masked on The Masked Singer
By Georgia Farquharson •