This soup recipe will really impress your guests for a luxurious, indulgent dinner party. Celeriac, Camembert and truffle are not a common combination but they taste utterly delicious together, though the stock makes all the extra difference in this recipe so make sure you use a good quality one. You're in for a real treat with this soup and we think it would be perfect for Christmas.
- 25g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 300g King Edward or Desiree potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 celeriac, around 1kg in total, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre rich chicken or vegetable stock
- 250g ripe Camembert cheese
- 1 small black truffle, finely sliced (or use good truffle oil)
Melt the butter and cook the onion very gently for around 10 minutes, until soft. Add the potatoes and celeriac with plenty of seasoning, mix in well and cook for 5 minutes. add the stock, bring to the boil then simmer for around 45 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
Blend to a purée. You can now freeze it or it will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Cut the Camembert into wedges. Reheat the soup and divide between the bowls, then top with the cheese and truffle, or drizzle over the truffle oil.