This cauliflower salad is served with a creamy tahini dressing that makes this salad so moreish and satisfying. Roasting cauliflower gives it such great flavour and texture, it’s nothing like the bland cauliflower you might have been fed as a child! Our winter cauliflower salad is a hearty and substantial dish that is well balanced, rich in protein, and suitable for vegans. The tahini dressing that comes with this salad is so simple but adds a rich and nutty flavour with a little sweetness from the maple syrup. Once you’ve tried making this versatile dressing you’ll make it again and again. It's packed with fresh herbs, which add a real flavour punch but keep it light. The sweet and nutty tahini dressing adds a richness to this vegan salad and makes it so moreish. If you're not vegan, for extra creaminess, you could crumble some feta cheese through this cauliflower salad.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 180g mixed wild and brown rice
- 400g can green lentils, drained
- handful of parsley, chopped
- handful of mint, chopped
- 125g pomegranate seeds
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 200C. Break the cauliflower into florets and combine with the oil and the spices in a large bowl. Put the florets on a baking tray and roast for 30-40 mins, until tender and slightly browned. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, usually around 10-12 mins.
- To make the tahini dressing, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork. Thin with a little water until the dressing reaches a pourable consistency. Combine the rice and cauliflower with the lentils and herbs, then pour over the dressing and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.
How the Golden Globes made TikTok's divisive hairstyle popular again
The side parting was hailed as one of the Golden Globes most popular hairstyles.
By Fiona Embleton •
Taylor Swift criticizes Netflix’s 'deeply sexist joke' about her dating history
Taylor Swift has criticized Netflix for their use of a 'sexist' joke about her in their new series Ginny & Georgia
By Laura Harman •
Bridgerton’s Nicola Coughlan hits back at body shamers
Nicola Coughlan has shut down rude body shamers on social media
By Laura Harman •