This cauliflower salad is served with a creamy tahini dressing that makes this salad so moreish and satisfying. Roasting cauliflower gives it such great flavour and texture, it’s nothing like the bland cauliflower you might have been fed as a child! Our winter cauliflower salad is a hearty and substantial dish that is well balanced, rich in protein, and suitable for vegans. The tahini dressing that comes with this salad is so simple but adds a rich and nutty flavour with a little sweetness from the maple syrup. Once you’ve tried making this versatile dressing you’ll make it again and again. It's packed with fresh herbs, which add a real flavour punch but keep it light. The sweet and nutty tahini dressing adds a richness to this vegan salad and makes it so moreish. If you're not vegan, for extra creaminess, you could crumble some feta cheese through this cauliflower salad.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 180g mixed wild and brown rice
- 400g can green lentils, drained
- handful of parsley, chopped
- handful of mint, chopped
- 125g pomegranate seeds
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 200C. Break the cauliflower into florets and combine with the oil and the spices in a large bowl. Put the florets on a baking tray and roast for 30-40 mins, until tender and slightly browned. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, usually around 10-12 mins.
- To make the tahini dressing, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork. Thin with a little water until the dressing reaches a pourable consistency. Combine the rice and cauliflower with the lentils and herbs, then pour over the dressing and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.
The Queen shows 'warmth' and an 'attentive' nature towards Joe Biden during their first meeting at Windsor Castle
Joe Biden is the 13th Present the Queen has met
By Georgia Farquharson •
Jennifer Lawrence urges fans to fight back against Republican party's 'radical wing' in passionate call to action
Jennifer Lawrence has called out the Republican party for manipulating the US voting system in a powerful new video
By Emma Dooney •
The top names for pandemic puppies has been revealed
Has your pet got one of these adorable names?
By Laura Harman •