By Jane Curran
This isn't really a pizza, we admit. Not in the traditional sense, anyhow. It is, however, a great low-carb base for delicious roasted veg, and if the rest of your family hear you're making "pizza" you'll have a captive audience before you've even begun! This dish is a vegetable and cheesy sensation, combining cheddar and goats' cheese, aubergine and cauliflower which act as the healthy element to balance out the cheese (but who's complaining really?). To top the whole thing off perfectly, make sure your seasoning is well timed and well proportioned (don't forget the oregano).
With this pizza, you save on the calories and saturated fat you would otherwise suffer from a thick, doughy base, and get a couple of your 5 a day in as well; what's not to love?! This cauliflower pizza with goats' cheese and roasted veg is sure to be a favourite for years to come. Yum, yum, yum!
HOW TO MAKE A CAULIFLOWER "PIZZA" WITH GOATS' CHEESE AND ROASTED VEG
1. Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Put the aubergine, onions and tomatoes in a large roasting tray with 2tbsp of the olive oil and a little seasoning. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
2. Put the cauliﬂower in a food processor and blitz until ﬁne. Tip into a bowl and add the oregano, salt, Cheddar and eggs.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in an ovenproof, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon the mixture into the frying pan and ﬂatten down with the back of a spatula. Cook for 15 minutes in the oven.
4. Heat the grill. Top with the roasted vegetables and goats’ cheese as well as a good drizzle of olive oil. Grill on a low shelf for 5-8 minutes then serve.
- 1 medium aubergine, sliced into 1cm rounds
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower, trimmed and cut into ﬂorets
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1tbsp salt
- 25g grated Cheddar
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g soft goats’ cheese, sliced
The Dermstore Beauty Refresh Sale has arrived: here are the best deals to shop
Score limited-time deals with the promo code GLOWUP applied at checkout
By Dominique McIntee •
'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison says he regrets defending Rachael Kirkconnell's racism
Presenter of the Bachelor, Chris Harrison, states that he regrets defending Rachel Kirkconnell’s past racist actions
By Laura Harman •
Sophia Vergara wins embryo court battle against her ex
Sophia Vergara has won a lawsuit against her ex that concerns the couple's frozen embryos
By Laura Harman •