Is there any dessert more satisfying than a great banoffee pie? It’s such a classic that everyone loves, no guest will be disappointed when you serve it up. So whether you’re entertaining this week or just want something extra special to treat the kids at the weekend, why not give this lovely spring dessert recipe a try this week?
It’s a great way to use up bananas you’ve got lingering in the kitchen – and the fruit contains serotonin as well as potassium and vitamin B6 to keep you feeling happy and healthy.
This recipe serves eight people and is actually really easy and quick to make so it’s a great one to just throw together if you’re in a hurry. The creamy but crunchy textures of the banana, biscuits and cream make for a wonderful dessert that won’t fail to put a smile on your face.
HOW TO MAKE BANOFFEE PIE
- 225g (8oz) digestive biscuits
- 150g (6oz) butter, melted
- 397g tin Nestlé Carnation Caramel or dulche du leche
- 3 bananas peeled and sliced
- 300ml (1/2pt) double cream
- 50g (2oz ) plain or milk chocolate, grated
You will need
- 23cm loose bottom flan tin
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz to make fine crumbs. Melt the butter in a small pan then add to the biscuits and blitz until mixed. Press the mixture into the flan tin, and up the sides. Press down well with the back of a wooden spoon. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 30 mins or until very firm
- Spread the caramel over the biscuit base. Arrange the banana slices over the toffee. Whip the cream and spread over the bananas. Top with the grated chocolate.
Prince William and Kate Middleton love this household hobby, but he admits one is definitely better at it than the other
Prince William and Kate Middleton once lived together in North Wales and he returned this week for a special reason
By Emma Shacklock •
Meghan Markle is victorious in final copyright claim against U.K. publishers who circulated the Duchess' personal note to her father
'For these outlets, it’s a game. For me and so many others, it’s real life'
By Danielle Valente •
A popular Hershey's item has been recalled. Here's what you need to know
Hershey's is issuing a recall for the popular chocolate shell sauce after nuts were accidentally put in the bottles
By Rylee Johnston •