It’s been more than 10 years since we last saw Renée Zellweger in her
role as loveable spinster, Bridget Jones. We left her happily loved up
with dreamy Mark Darcy (Colin Firth), but alas, life is not always such plain sailing for our Bridget.
The third movie ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ sees a newly pregnant Bridge stuck in yet another love triangle, but this time she’s stuck between Mark and newbie Jack Quant (Patrick Dempsey). We sense there are more twists and turns in store before Bridget gets her happily ever after – and a brand new trailer offers us a sneak peak. The trailer has added yet more questions to our ever-growing list: whose baby is it? How will we cope with both Colin and Patrick on our screens, AT THE SAME TIME? And why weren’t
we asked to play Bridget? (Ok, we get it, Renée’s great, but we’re
allowed to dream).
The trailer also features a new character we’re dying to see – Bridget’s doctor, played by Emma Thompson, who could even upstage Renée as the most hilarious female character in the film. Get ready to giggle at Emma, Renée and co in the brand new trailer…
It wasn’t all that long ago that the first poster for Bridget Jones’s Baby has arrived, showing Renée Zellweger testing the elastic on her ‘absolutely enormous panties’.
What else can we expect from this year’s film? Pics from behind-the-scenes show potential love interests Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey hauling a pregnant Bridget into the maternity unit of University College London Hospital. Up until now the identity of the baby’s father has been a closely guarded secret and according to Renée Zellweger producers are keen to keep it that way. The Hollywood A-lister revealed that three different endings have been filmed so that the entire cast (including her) have no idea who the father will turn out to be. Zellweger, Firth and Dempsey will find out at the same time as cinema goers during the much-anticipated London premiere.
The first two
films saw Bridget caught in a love triangle with Colin Firth and Hugh
Grant, but photos suggest another relationship in the
works. Patrick Dempsey was spotted getting close
to the leading lady during filming at London’s Olympic Park, and we can’t wait to watch this love triangle play out.
The American actor appears to be enjoying his stint on the Brit flick writing on his Instagram: ‘Nice to be working in England. Renee and Colin are an absolute joy to work with! A good couple of days rehearsing at Pinewood Studios. I really like it here!’
All clues point to the soundtrack featuring international chart-topper Ed Sheeran.
The British singer posted a snap of himself and Reneé Zellweger
on set in November with the caption…
‘Spent the day being an actor in the new Bridget Jones movie. Loved it, you’re gonna love it too.’
Photo by Greg Williams photography
Here’s 6 more facts about the film we know so far:
1. The film will be telling the story of Bridget in her 40s.
2. Apparently, David Nicholls, author of One Day and Us, has helped to write the screenplay. Also Bridget won’t be carrying her trademark red diary this time, instead swapping it for a slightly more modern iPad (naturally!)
3. It looks like the film will be based around Christmas with pictures showing Bridget carrying a huge tree through a snowy London.
4. Bridget will be reuniting with her best mate Shazza (Sally Philips) and James Callis and by the looks of things their ususal folly and high jinx will resume.
5. Sadly (or not so sadly for Bridget) the cheating ex Daniel Cleaver, played by Hugh Grant, will not be returning. But actress Gemma Jones will return as Bridget’s flighty mum.
6. A release date has been confirmed! We’ll be getting our Bridget fix on September 16th, 2016. A definite date for next year’s diary.
Scroll down for more pics from the set and see if you can piece together the storyline…
We cannot wait to see the new film and look forward to finding out what Bridget gets up to this time!
Bridget Jones is due to be released 16th September 2016