Princess Beatrice mourning the loss of beloved dog after it was poisoned in Windsor

Princess Beatrice has been dealt a devastating blow recently, with the tragic death of one of her beloved pet dogs, Orange.

The 30-year-old was forced to put the pup, who was a Norfolk Terrier, to sleep last month. It’s believed that Orange was poisoned after eating a mysterious substance during a walk in Windsor Great Park.

Beatrice reportedly rushed Orange to the vets, but they were unable identify what the five-year-old dog had eaten, meaning she was forced to make the terrible decision to put him put to sleep.

It’s still not known whether the dog came across a naturally poisonous substance, or if it had been deliberately poisoned.

The Daily Mail reports that the Princess is now terrified for her other dogs, Jack, Cici, Teddy and Ginger, will fall ill too. A source told The Sun, “Obviously Beatrice is keeping a close eye on her other pets.”

Princess Beatrice’s pet pooches live with Prince Andrew at Royal Lodge within Windsor Great Park, where Beatrice herself also lives part of the year.

The heartbreaking loss occurred late last year. Soon after, Princess Beatrice jetted off on holiday to Kenya with her new boyfriend Edo, but was reportedly finding it difficult to come to terms with her dog’s death.

A friend told The Sun, “She’s loved up with Edo but couldn’t stop thinking about her dog. It’s very upsetting.”

Beatrice’s mother and sister, Sarah Ferguson and Princess Eugenie, have regularly posted pictures of the family’s adorable Norfolk Terriers on social media.

In fact, the family’s beloved dogs even posed with the two York sister for their recent interview in British Vogue, on a bench in Windsor Great Park.

Our hearts go out to Princess Beatrice – losing a beloved family pet is always heartbreaking.

Most Popular

Test Ad Calls