We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Apple has unveiled its latest launch, the Apple Watch at a press event in San Francisco.
Waiting tech journalists were treated to few surprises as Apple’s CEO Tim Cook unveiled the company’s bid to become a leader in wearable technology. Here’s what he said…
1. The Apple Watch will range in price from £299 to £13,500 depending on materials and straps.
2. The watch will typically last around 18 hours between charges, taking around 2.5 hours to fully charge. But the watch will continue to show the time for up to 72 hours after other functions stop working.
3. Facebook, Instagram and taxi service, Uber have already designed apps for the watch. Thousands of other apps will be available to buy in the App Store.
4. The watch can be used to make contactless payments, send messages and to make calls (as long as you have an iPhone 5 or above to sync to). It can also be used as an alternative hotel room door key card, and to unlock an Internet enabled garage door.
5. The Apple Watch will be available to pre-order in the UK from 10 April.
Will be adding the Apple Watch to your wish list? Let us know at Facebook.com/womanandhome