- 350g (12oz) pecans (or walnuts)
- 55g (2oz) bitter chocolate, grated
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pinches salt
- 350ml (12fl oz) good maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 300g (10½oz) granulated sugar
- 115g (4oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 x 23cm (9in) sweet shortcrust pastry case, baked blind
Preheat the oven to 170 C, 325 F, gas 3.
Place the nuts, grated chocolate, vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup in a bowl. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then stir into the nut mixture together with the sugar. Finally, add the melted butter and stir well.
Pour into the prepared pastry case and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until set in the middle. Allow to cool completely before cutting.