- 250g (9oz) ricotta
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 4tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 4tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 375g (13oz) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 200g (7oz) marrow, thinly sliced
- 40g (1½oz) vegetarian feta
- 1 medium free-range egg yolk, mixed with 1tbsp milk
- salad, to serve
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Mix the ricotta, lemon juice and zest, and three quarters of the herbs. Unroll the pastry on a flat baking sheet and cut into 4 rectangles. Score a borderline one inch from the edge on all sides. Spread the ricotta over the pastry, making sure to leave the outer border free from toppings.
Lay over slices of courgette and marrow, scatter with the feta, then brush the edges with the egg-yolk mix. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Scatter with the remaining herbs and serve with salad.
Get ahead – make the tarts up until ready to bake, cover loosely with cling film and store in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking.