These boozy jellies are finished with some sparkle for an extra festive touch.
- 4 leaves gelatine
- 6tbsp sloe gin
- 4tbsp sugar
- 350ml Prosecco
- 125g cranberries
- edible glitter, to decorate
- 6 cocktail or martini glasses
Sloe gin jelly with Prosecco is a grown up take on a childhood favourite. These individual jellies are finished with some festive sparkle, making them perfect for Christmas dinner parties, or as a lighter option for a Christmas dessert. Sloe gin is made by infusing gin with sloe berries, a grape-like fruit that is beautiful to look at but less pleasant to taste before it's treated. The berries may not be the best choice to eat on their own, but they work perfectly when soaked in alcohol, making sloe gin an iconic and popular tipple. This easy dessert is sophisticated, festive, and celebrates a much loved British product.
HOW TO MAKE SLOE GIN JELLY WITH PROSECCO
- Soften the gelatine in a bowl of cold water. Gently warm the sloe gin and sugar in a small pan then add the gelatine to the mixture and stir until it has dissolved.
- Pour the jelly mixture into a jug and add the Prosecco. Stir well and then pour into glasses (pop them on a baking tray for ease) and allow to semi-set for around 30 minutes before adding the cranberries.
- Return the jellies to the fridge for another 20 minutes to set, then sprinkle with glitter to serve.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Christmas Recipes
More Desserts Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes
More Jelly Recipes
More Pudding Recipes