BBQ Prawns With Green Chilli Sauce And Homemade Flatbreads
BBQ prawns in the shell stay moist and have more flavour. Throw the prawns on the barbie then serve with this punchy sauce and easy, homemade flatbreads.
- 24 large prawns in the shell
- small bunch of coriander
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 large green chillies
- 3tsp toasted cumin seeds
- a pinch of salt and sugar
- 3tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 3tbsp olive oil
- a small bunch of mint
- 175 self-raising flour
- 175 natural yoghurt
- 3tsp onion seeds
- 2tsp sea salt
- 2tbsp olive oil
This recipe is great for sharing as everyone can grab a portion without any need for you to serve them.
Prawns are a really healthy choice for your barbecue protein too. They are a low fat and low calorie source of protein that also provide Selenium and Zinc, which can help heart health and boost your immune system. Chillies are a surprisingly great source of vitamin C, and also help keep your sinuses clear and aid digestion.
This recipe for BBQ prawns is inspired by Asian spices and will give a vibrant and fragrant twist to your usual barbecue fare. The flatbreads are also incredibly versatile and are great to serve alongside curries or as part of a sharing board with dips if you have any leftovers. This is a deceptively simple recipe that gives fantastic results, give it a try the next time the sun is shining and the barbecue comes out.
- For the sauce, simply whizz all the ingredients together in a blender. Cover and set aside.
- Mix the flatbread ingredients together and form into small balls then roll out thinly. You can now cook them on the barbecue for a few mins on each side.
- Grill the prawns and serve with a crunchy green salad, the chilli sauce and breads.