Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
This hearty soup is packed with vegetables and sausages so even the kids will like it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 sausages, each chopped into 4
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g (14oz) tin cannellini beans, drained
- 850ml (1½pt) vegetable stock
- 400g (14oz) chopped tomatoes
- 100g (4oz) kale, shredded
- 25g (1oz) parmesan shavings, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
Add a good pinch of chilli flakes in with the sausages for a little kick
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the sausage. Cook for 10 minutes until golden and cooked though. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until soft. Stir through the thyme and garlic for the last 2 minutes.
Return the sausages to the pan and pour over the cannellini bean, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Simmer for 10 minutes before adding the kale and stirring to combine.
Spoon into bowls and serve scatter with parmesan shaving and a chunk of bread.