This turkey curry recipe is really filling and warming, full of veg and perfect for using up your leftover Christmas turkey!
- 450g (1lb) butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm (¾in) cubes
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large red chillies: 1 deseeded and finely chopped; 1 deseeded and finely sliced, to garnish
- 1½tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400ml (14fl oz) coconut milk
- 130ml (4½fl oz) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tsp sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 100g (4oz) fine green beans, trimmed
- 350g (12oz) cooked turkey, cut into long strips
- juice 1 lime, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 2tbsp coriander chopped
A great way to use up any leftover Christmas turkey, this delicious curry is a quick and easy dinner option.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH CURRY
- Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Place the butternut squash in a roasting tin, add half the oil, coat well and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large casserole and sweat the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and chopped chilli; sweat for another minute. Now add the curry paste, increase the heat and fry for 1 further minute. Pour in the coconut milk, stirring well, then add the stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and lime leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans, turkey and roasted squash, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the turkey is piping hot and the beans are tender. Add the lime juice and three-quarters of the coriander and stir well. Check the seasoning; you may need to add a little more fish sauce or lime juice to taste.
- To serve, scatter over the sliced chilli and the remaining coriander. Serve with jasmine rice and lime wedges on the side.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
Butternut squash Recipes
More Turkey Recipes
More Coconut Recipes
More Curry Recipes