A healthy, flavoursome soup and incredible simple to make.
- 40g (1 1/2oz) butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 750g (1lb 10oz) carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 litre (1 3/4 pts) vegetable or chicken stock
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped plus sprigs to garnish
- 2tbsp honey
- 4tbsp double cream
In a large pan gently melt the butter and, over a low heat, fry the onion until softened. Add the ground coriander for 1 minute and then the chopped celery and carrot. Continue to cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, covered but stirring the vegetables occasionally.
Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender. Allow to cool slightly before blending the soup with the coriander leaves and honey until smooth.
Return to the pan and gently warm through, season to taste and then serve in deep bowls garnished with a swirl of double cream and a some coriander leaves.