The quails' eggs add flavour and colour to this easy salmon recipe
- 250g (9oz) baby new potatoes
- 100g (4oz) green beans, trimmed
- 2 salmon fillets
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 quails' eggs, hardboiled, shelled and halved
- small handful pitted black olives
- balsamic glaze, to drizzle
Boil the new potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes until tender, then cut in half. Blanch the green beans, drain and set aside. Heat a ridged griddle pan or the barbecue until smoking hot, oil and season the salmon and grill for a minute on each side - the middle should still be a deep pink.
Divide the potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, eggs and olives between 2 plates, top with a salmon fillet and drizzle with balsamic glaze and some seasoning. Serve while the salmon is still warm.