Strawberry and Ricotta Trifle
This stunning trifle recipe may look maddeningly fattening, but it's not! In fact, it's a light, refreshing summer pud
- 650g (1lb 7oz) strawberries, hulled
- 5tbsp framboise liqueur
- 100g (4oz) sponge fingers
- 500g (1lb 2oz) ricotta cheese
- 5tbsp icing sugar
- 2tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 50g (2oz) toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1.7-litre (3pt) trifle dish
Whizz 250g (9oz) of the strawberries to a purée then stir in the framboise liqueur. Lay the sponge fingers in the bottom of the trifle bowl, and pour over the purée. Slice the remaining strawberries and place on top.
Whizz up the ricotta with the icing sugar and vanilla then spoon over the strawberries. Let it chill for 4 hours but even better if you can leave it overnight in the fridge. Scatter over the hazelnuts to serve.