Supper doesn’t get easier and more delicious than this fish recipe
- 4 small onions, chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g (4oz) spicy chorizo, sliced (uncooked if possible)
- 2 x 400g tins whole plum tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cod fillets, around 150g (5oz) each
Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. In a large sauté pan or roasting tin, fry the onions in the olive oil until soft and tender. Add the garlic and chorizo slices and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Don’t over-fry the chorizo, as it can become tough. Now add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Stir together well. If it has become a little dry, just add a splash of cold water.
Place in an ovenproof dish and sit the cod fillets on top. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.