The alcohol-soaked biscuit, raspberry and mascarpone cream in this tiramisu complement each other beautifully
- 100ml (4fl oz) strong espresso coffee, cooled
- 75ml (3fl oz) Tia Maria or Kahlúa
- 75g (3oz) Savoiardi (boudoir) biscuits
- 25g (1oz) dark chocolate, grated
- 150g (5oz) fresh raspberries
- 2 large egg yolks
- 40g (1½oz) caster sugar
- 200g (7oz) mascarpone
- 75ml (3fl oz) double cream, lightly whipped
- 8 ramekins or glass dishes or a large singledish
Mix the coffee and Tia Maria together in a bowl. Break the Savoiardi biscuits in half, dip in the coffee mixture and place in the bottom of the ramekins. Use 2 to 3 biscuits per ramekin. Sprinkle over half the grated chocolate. Cover with half the raspberries.
Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar for 5minutes using an electric whisk. Add the mascarpone a little at a time and whisk until it is smooth. Fold in the double cream. Spoon the cream mix over the raspberries and chill overnight.
To serve, pop a few raspberries on top and sprinkle with the remaining grated chocolate.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up