We've used half-fat cream to cut down the fat content in this fabulous meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 225g (8oz) golden caster sugar
- 2tbsp rosewater
- 6tbsp pistachios, chopped
- 1 x 568ml carton whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 250g (9oz) pistachio Turkish Delight, finely chopped in a food processor on the pulse setting
You can make this the day before and keep in the fridge
You can’t go wrong with a great meringue recipe if you’re throwing a dinner party – it’s a great make ahead dessert option that you can bring out when it’s time for dessert and not worry about having to disappear into the kitchen. We’ve mixed up this classic recipe by adding Turkish delight into the mix – it makes for a wonderful taste and since we’ve used half-fat cream too, it’s actually much lighter for you then your usual meringue recipe. This dish is ready in an hour and serves up to ten people, so it’s the perfect recipe to try if you’re feeding a crowd.
HOW TO MAKE TURKISH DELIGHT AND PISTACHIO MERINGUE
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar until glossy. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down and the meringue will stay put. Stir in 1tbsp rosewater and 4tbsp chopped pistachios.
- Spoon half a teaspoon of meringue onto a baking sheet and cover with baking parchment. This will stop the parchment moving around. Spread the meringue into a large circle (about 20cm/8in) on the parchment, making a little dip in the centre. Cook for 1 hour at 140 C, 120 C fan, 275 F, gas 1. Cool in the turned-off oven for 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir the Turkish delight and 1tbsp rosewater into the whipped cream. Spoon the cream into the centre of the meringue and sprinkle the remaining pistachios over it.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Dessert Recipes
More Meringue Recipes
More Nut Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes