Raspberry and Pink Champagne Jelly
Pink Prosecco, Cava or New World dry pink sparkling wine taste lovely with raspberries in this jelly
- 4 leaves Costa gelatine (from Sainsbury’s)
- 350ml (12fl oz) pink Champagne, Prosecco or Cava
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 12 raspberries
These jellies will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
But what’s even better is that it’s actually a really easy dessert to throw together. Using only four ingredients, some of which you’ll probably already have in your cupboard, you can even use up any leftover raspberries you have in the fridge. It only takes 15 minutes to make and the finished result looks really impressive and the combined taste of sweet raspberries and fizzy bubbly tastes even better than it looks.
Serve it in individual glasses for a really posh looking dessert. You can even prepare this dish in advance too so you can concentrate on enjoying your evening.
- Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes or until soft. Squeeze the leaves and discard the water.
- Put 100ml (4fl oz) pink Champagne into a bowl that fits snugly over a pan of boiling water, add the gelatine and sugar and heat gently until the gelatine has dissolved. Remove from the heat, add the remaining Champagne and pour into a jug.
- Place 3 raspberries in the bottom of each glass. Pour over a little jelly (just enough to cover the raspberries) and refrigerate until set. Very carefully and slowly, pour over the rest of the jelly into the glasses until each glass is almost full. Refrigerate until set.