Chorizo is a fantastic addition to any dinner party recipe thanks to its smoky and spicy taste that really helps to ramp up the flavour of your food. This tasty dish uses cooking chorizo and cod loin fillets, and the two go really well together.
Cod is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids that help to keep your heart healthy and your cholesterol low – so it’s a great choice for this meal. With baby broad beans and avocado in this salad recipe too, there are plenty of green veggies that are full of vitamins to fill you up and keep you healthy.
Samphire is a green vegetable with right green stalks, which is a bit similar to asparagus but has a crispy and salty taste. In this recipe we’ve chosen to steam it for a few minutes but it can also be used raw in salads too.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED COD WITH CHORIZO AND SAMPHIRE SALAD
- Heat the oven to 200C fan, gas 7. Fry the chorizo in a non-stick pan until crispy then drain on kitchen towel. Season the cod, put on a lightly oiled roasting tin and bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. A few minutes before the end of cooking, pop the chorizo in with the fish.
- Meanwhile, put the samphire and broad beans into a steamer and steam for 2-3 minutes. Put into a large bowl and mix with the avocado, lemon and olive oil. Season well and serve with the cod and chorizo on top.
- 190g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 4 cod loin fillets (around 750g)
- 180g samphire (widely available in supermarkets)
- 100g baby broad beans, double-podded
- 1 large avocado, cut into chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Best Valentine's Day Movies to watch this February 14
Here is our list of best romantic movies to enjoy this Valentine's Day, from rom-coms to period dramas there's something for everyone
By Laura Harman • Published
Chinese New Year 2022—Year of the Water Tiger and the lunar celebration explained
Chinese New Year 2022 welcomes in the Year of the Water Tiger—here's everything to know about the celebration and its lunar connections
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Adele's Las Vegas set removal from Caesars Palace has ticketholders worried for future concerts
Adele postponed all of her Las Vegas residency dates last week
By Emma Dooney • Published