If you’re looking for a veggie dish to serve up next time you’ve got vegetarians over for dinner give this butternut squash recipe a go and you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
It also works great as a side dish at a barbecue or a buffet, or would make a great starter at your next dinner party.
Butternut squash is low in fat and is packed with plenty of vitamins, while tomatoes also offer plenty of vitamins and minerals too, so this recipe is great if you’re trying to up your five-a-day intake.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST SQUASH WITH GOATS' CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Cut the squash in half just where the fat bulbous part goes thinner. Use the thinner bit to roast on the side. Scoop out the seeds of the fat part with a spoon - you may need a small, sharp knife to get you started - and discard. Put a few goats' cheese slices in the cavity. Drain the tomatoes and add to the cavity with the garlic, herbs and some seasoning, and end with the rest of the goats' cheese. Then sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Place on a large double sheet of foil and scrunch up the edges. Bake for 50 minutes or until the squash is tender and the cheese has browned and melted. Serve with all the usual Christmas trimmings or with some delicious roasted vegetables.
- 1 small butternut squash
- 75g (3oz) vegetarian goats' cheese, sliced from a small log
- 1 x 200g tin whole plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- few sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1tbsp freshly grated vegetarian Parmesan
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Married at First Sight Australia Season 9—who's in it, when does it start, and how to watch from anywhere in the world
Married at First Sight Australia Season 9 is almost upon us
By Emma Dooney • Published
Shirley Ballas exclusive interview with woman&home magazine, 'My beauty routine isn’t full of expensive lotions and potions'
Shirley Ballas, Strictly Come Dancing's head judge, opens up about her second job, her secrets to looking good and staying in shape
By Gemma Calvert • Published
Working from home tips: simple ways to make sure you're still productive
These simple working from home tips are easy to implement and should make your daily tasks a lot easier to achieve
By Amy Hunt • Published