What could be more satisfying than a creamy risotto recipe on a week night after a long day at work? This one is a great vegetarian recipe to try if you’re looking to cut down on your meat consumption too as it’s completely veggie friendly.
Sun blush tomatoes and mozzarella are the key elements of this dish and the two flavours combine really well. Onion and dry white wine also offer a depth of flavour to this easy dish.
What’s more, this dish feeds up to four people and it’s ready in half an hour – so if you’re after something you can throw together quickly after work it’s a really great on to try this week. Plus, it’s all done in the one pan too, so that saves time on washing up.
HOW TO MAKE MOZZARELLA AND TOMATO RISOTTO
- In a large pan melt the butter and gently sauté the onion for 10 minutes until soft. Add the rice to the pan and stir well until coated in the butter.
- Pour over the wine and increase the heat until reduced. Slowly add the stock a ladleful at a time until almost all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Continue until all the stock has been added and the rice is tender. Approx 15-20 minutes.
- Season well with salt & pepper and stir through the mozzarella, chopped basil and sun blush tomatoes. Scatter with the basil leaves to serve.
- 1.5 litres (2¾pt) hot vegetable stock
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g (14oz) risotto rice
- 150ml (¼pt) dry white wine
- 250g (9oz) mozzarella, torn
- 4 tbsp basil, finely sliced plus leaves to serve
- 150g (5oz) sun blush tomatoes
Top Tip for making Mozzarella and Tomato Risotto with Basil
Follow the recipe until you have added ¾ of the stock then remove from the heat and leave to cool. When you are ready to eat return the pan to the heat and begin slowly adding the stock again.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Responder cast—the fantasy stars swapping magic for the gritty police drama and where you’ve seen them before
The Responder cast have had glittering careers and things have taken a dark turn in their new roles on the BBC show...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Prince William faces heartbreaking grief at funeral for childhood polo teacher
Prince William and Prince Harry were both taught by the late Claire Tomlinson how to play polo as children
By Emma Dooney • Published
Kate Middleton's boots prove that she has a stylist pick her sought after items
Kate Middleton's boots that she wore to a recent royal engagement may have just proved that the Duchess doesn't choose her own outfits
By Laura Harman • Published