For a hearty mince recipe the whole family will enjoy, you can’t go wrong with a classic beef lasagne recipe.
The Italian classic is a well loved favourite and everyone has their recipe they use again and again, but try this delicious version with Chianti red wine and we’re sure you’ll be converted.
With plenty of garlic, onion and thyme to flavour this dish, it’s a fail proof recipe whether you’re entertaining or just treating the family to a home cooked meal.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF LASAGNE
- Heat the oven to 190C/ 170C fan/ 375F/ Gas 5. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Add the courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes, then add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for 1 min until fragrant. Add the beef mince and cook until browned all over.
- Pour the wine into the pan and bubble for 3 minutes until reduced by half. Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, thyme and parsley, stir well and gently simmer for 10 mins until thickened slightly.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture into the bottom of a 1 litre ovenproof dish followed by lasagne sheets and half the white sauce. Repeat the process with another layer of beef, lasagne sheets then top with the remaining white sauce. Sprinkle over the cheeses and bake for 40 minutes until golden, bubbling and the pasta is tender when tested with a knife.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml Chianti or full bodied red wine
- 350g beef mince
- 2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6-8 sheets lasagne
- 710g jar Dolmio lasagne white sauce
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 50g Cheddar, grated
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
The surprising thing Carole Middleton and Meghan Markle have in common revealed
Carole Middleton and Meghan Markle share a very similar attitude when it comes to one important subject
By Emma Dooney •
Princess Diana once 'boldly confronted' Camilla to 'demand her husband back'
Princess Diana confronted Camilla at a party to 'demand her husband back' during her and Prince Charles' marriage
By Caitlin Elliott •
Prince Harry awkwardly questioned about his sex life— 'Royalty doesn't have sex?'
Prince Harry's awkward response when questioned about his sex life and the rumors what other members of the royal family do in the bedroom
By Laura Harman •