For a light lunch or dinner option that makes enough to feed the whole family, try this simple tuna Nicoise pasta salad recipe.
With eggs and tune that are packed with protein, this pasta recipe is a great way to fill the family up that’s relatively cheap. It’s also a really quick recipe to throw together, so is great for evenings when you’re not in the mood to cook but still want something really tasty.
Tuna is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids that we’re recommended to help our heart health, while eggs are a great source of protein, vitamin B2 and vitamin D.
Served with a French style dressing, it’s a great dish to serve up to remind you of holidays, even if it’s raining outside.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TUNA NICOISE PASTA SALAD
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 5 mins, add the beans and cook for a further 5 mins until the pasta and beans are just tender.
- At the same time, place the eggs in a small pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool enough to handle. Remove the shell and cut the eggs into quarters.
- Drain the pasta and beans, rinse under cold water, drain again and place in a bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, tuna and dressing and stir lightly to mix. Place the hard boiled egg quarters on the top.
- 200g (7oz) penne pasta
- 200g (7oz) green beans, trimmed
- 2 eggs
- cucumber, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 130g can ‘no drain’ tuna steak, broken into chunks
- 4 tbsp Pizza Express light olive oil dressing
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •