By Rebecca Smith published
Fish makes an excellent week night supper and give this cod and courgette recipe a go for a week night dinner this week and the whole family will be left feeling full and satisfied. What’s even better is that it’s all put together in the one pot, so it’s really quick and easy – and has hardly any washing up!
You will need to warm up the pancetta in the microwave but the majority of the rest of the ingredients are just popped in the oven and roasted – simple!
HOW TO MAKE COD WITH COURGETTES, CRISPY PANCETTA AND DILL
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Oil and season the courgettes and place on a baking sheet. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the courgettes, then season the fish fillets and place a slice of butter on each. Sit them on top of the courgettes, squeeze the lemon juice over and return to the oven to cook for 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked and flaking.
- Meanwhile, place the pancetta on a plate and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes until very crisp. Drain on kitchen paper, then break up into shards. When the fish is cooked, divide the courgettes between 4 plates, sit a fish fillet on top, then scatter with the pancetta and dill, and drizzle over some of the pan juices. Serve with lemon wedges.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 courgettes, split lengthways
- 4 fillets fresh cod or other sustainable white fish
- 50g (2oz) butter
- juice 1 lemon, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 8 slices pancetta
- handful dill, chopped
Rebecca Smith was a Food Writer for Woman & Home and during her time with the magazine she was responsible for bringing an impressive array of mouth-watering recipes to womanandhome.com. These recipes ranged from slow-cooked Shoulder of Lamb and Hot Water Crust Ham Hock Pies, to sweet treats such as a delectable Chocolate Brownie Cake and intricate Pistachio and Rose Water cake.
Following her work with Woman & Home, Rebecca went on to become the Deputy Editor at Delicious Magazine.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Anna Hathaway dressed like her character in The Devil Wears Prada and fans can't get enough
The Internet had a lot to say about Anne Hathaway's latest look after she shared it on Instagram...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara and Mike Tindall confuse Australian interviewer with tropical background
The royal couple showed off their funny side in their most recent interview
By Emma Dooney • Published