By Rose Fooks
Our chicken Parmesan bake is a crispy and hearty classic.
This chicken parmesan bake is so easy to put together and is full of melty oozy goodness. After all, what’s not to love about rich, bubbling cheese?
We think the chicken parmesan bake would make the perfect evening meal – whether it's just the two of you on a Friday night or the whole family on a Sunday. It might not be the quickest meal to make but it's certainly tasty and bound to be a hit with everyone around the table.
It would even make for a great alternative to Sunday lunch, as much like our recipe for citrus chicken traybake, this recipe can be made for any number of people - all you need to do is add a couple more pieces of chicken and dig out some spare plates!
- Preheat the grill to 230C/Gas 8. Using a rolling pin, bash the chicken breasts between cling film until about 1/2cm thick. Place the flour, beaten eggs and panko on separate plates. Dip the chicken breasts in the flour, then the egg, then the panko. Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle over the oil and place in the oven. Grill for 10-12mins until cooked through and golden brown, turning every few minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking: make your tomato sauce. Heat the olive oil in a pan with the garlic for two mins, then add the tinned chopped tomatoes and sugar. Cook for 2mins until heated through. Blend with a stick blender and season to taste. Layer the cooked chicken with the tomato sauce and mozzarella and parmesan, finishing with a little more cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 20mins until cooked through.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving topped with lots of fresh herbs and a side of green salad.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6tbsp flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 100g panko
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 1tsp sugar
- 100g freshly grated parmesan
- 1 ball mozzarella, sliced
- basil leaves, to serve
Top Tip for making Chicken parmesan bake
Add some frozen spinach to the tomato sauce to add to your 5 a day!
Courteney Cox shares her quick 5-minute makeup routine
Courteney Cox's makeup routine is quick, minimal but looks incredible as this video reveals.
By Fiona Embleton •
When did Marathons become Snickers? The big question posed in Unforgotten
Unforgotten fans were all left asking one bizarre question after last nights episode: When did Marathons become Snickers?
By Laura Harman •
Behind Her Eyes locations revealed - this is where they filmed Netflix’s hit thriller
Have you ever visited any of them?
By Emma Shacklock •