By Jane Curran
This citrus chicken traybake is an easy but impressive weeknight dinner recipe to add to your repertoire. Adding sweet and juicy whole clementines at the end of the roasting gives a twist on a typical chicken dinner and makes this midweek meal a bit special. We’ve left the skin on the chicken thighs, as it makes the meat really flavourful and juicy, but you can remove after cooking if you prefer not to eat the skin. If you’re looking for something different, but simple, to make with chicken, this easy citrus chicken traybake is just what you need.
HOW TO MAKE CITRUS CHICKEN TRAYBAKE
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Toss the chicken thighs in a little of the oil and season well. Place on a baking tray and put into the oven to bake for 45 mins. Meanwhile, in a separate roasting tin, spread out the garlic, peppers, red onions and potatoes. toss in the remaining oil and season well. Put into the oven with the chicken for the remainder of the cooking time.
- 15 mins before the end of the cooking time, add the clementines to the vegetables. When you are ready to serve, scatter over some fresh basil.
- 500g chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 200g baby new potatoes
- 6 seedless clementines, peeled and halved
- basil, to serve
Research reveals that 14.5 per cent of women feel menopause is affecting their sex lives
New research has revealed that 14.5 per cent of women feel that menopause is affecting their sex lives
By Aleesha Badkar •
This cult US skincare brand is coming to Boots very soon - and we can't wait
Treat yourself to some of their gorgeous products...
By Amy Hunt •
Missoma reveals limited-time discount code to save you 20 per cent off your jewelry favourites
Missoma has launched a discount code offering a huge 20 per cent discount on all of their jewelry
By Aleesha Badkar •