- 4tbsp dry sherry
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 watermelon, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- You will need
- metal skewers
Mix together the sherry, soy sauce and sugar. Add the chicken, toss well and place in a ziplock bag and chill for at least an hour.
Mix together the melon and cucumber, add the chilli, olive oil and Japanese rice vinegar, toss and leave for the flavours to develop while you cook the chicken.
Skewer the chicken and cook on the barbecue for about 10 minutes, turning when charred until cooked through. You can also cook this in a griddle pan or under the grill. Serve the hot chicken with the dressed salad.