By Jane Curran
This moreish white chocolate cake uses sharp passion fruit for a tangy twist. We’ve decorated our cake with elegant chocolate curls and beautiful edible flowers, which make it so eye-catching! A white chocolate cake makes a nice change from a classic chocolate cake and has a lighter feel, but is still just as indulgent. This easy white chocolate cake is the perfect thing to make for Mother’s Day, an Easter Sunday lunch, or a summer party.
- 150g white chocolate cooking chips
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
For the filling and topping:
- 300ml double cream
- 30g icing sugar, sifted
- pulp of 2 large passion fruit
- white chocolate curls
- edible flowers (ours were from Sainsbury’s)
You will need
- 2x20cm sandwich tins, greased and base and sides lined with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Melt half the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, then set aside to cool a little.
- Using an electric hand whisk, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the cooled, melted white chocolate. Gradually add the eggs to the mixture, mixing well each time. Don’t worry if it looks a bit curdled – it will all come together when you add the flour.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder. Stir the remaining white chocolate into the batter, then divide between the tins. Level the surface and bake for 35 mins, covering after 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave the cakes to cool in the tin.
- To decorate, lightly whip the cream. Put half on the bottom layer, spoon over half the passion fruit pulp, then top with the other layer, remaining cream, passion fruit pulp then the chocolate curls and edible flowers.
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow used to create Amal Clooney's wedding look in unmissable 40% off Black Friday Deal
Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow used to create Amal Clooney's wedding look is in a bundle that promises to make your eyes pop
By Aoife Hanna •
When is it going to snow in the UK this year and where is it confirmed?
Snow in the UK is looming as the recent mild autumn gives way to wintery conditions...
By Emma Shacklock •
Olaplex Black Friday deals with rare discounts on the ENTIRE range and bargain bundles are here
Olaplex Black Friday deals mean you can snap up the cult hair savior with a rare discount
By Caitlin Elliott •