- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 175g plain flour, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder, sifted
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g hazelnuts, place half in a food processor until finely ground and finely chop half
- 100g white chocolate, broken into small chunks
- 50ml milk
- To decorate:
- 35g white chocolate, broken into chunks
- 15g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- You will need:
- 900g loaf tin, base and sides greased and lined with baking parchment
Heat the oven to 170C, gas 3. Cream the butter and sugar until thick and creamy, then gradually beat in the eggs, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla then fold in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ground hazelnuts.
Fold in the chopped hazelnuts, chocolate chunks and milk until just combined. Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and smooth the top, bake for 1 hour or until cooked through.
Once cool enough to handle remove to a wire rack to cool completely. To decorate, melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, drizzle over the loaf and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.