Taken from The Bikini Promise by Sally Bee (£14.99; Kyle Books)
- 500g very lean turkey mince
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp dried oregano
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 free-range egg
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- For the sweet potato fritters:
- 800g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- green salad, to serve
Place the sweet potato chunks in boiling water and cook until just tender, then drain and roughly mash. Allow to cool.
Put the turkey mince, garlic, shallots, cumin, oregano, chilli and egg in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Season with ground black pepper. Divide the mince into four and shape each piece into a burger. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the parsley and coriander with the beaten egg and flour and add to the cooled sweet potato. Shape into 4 large, flat fritters.
Heat a little olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the fritters over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a separate large, non-stick frying pan, and cook the burgers for 10-15 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Serve each burger on a sweet potato fritter bed with a side salad.