Nutrition per portion
- 5tbsp sunflower oil
- 350g (12oz) firm silken tofu, cut into chunks
- 3tbsp seasoned flour
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 150g (5oz) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 baby pak choi, halved lengthways
- 250g (9oz) ramen noodles, cooked according to the pack instructions and tossed in a little oil
- juice 2 limes, plus lime wedges, to garnish
- coriander and toasted peanuts
Heat 3tbsp of the oil in a frying pan until it starts to shimmer. Toss the tofu pieces in the seasoned flour, then fry in the oil until they are golden and crisp on the outside. Don’t crowd the pan otherwise they’ll go soggy. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
Heat a wok and add the remaining oil. When it’s smoking hot, add the onion, then the pepper, teriyaki sauce and mushrooms. Cook, tossing the veg around often, for a few minutes, then add the pak choi, noodles and tofu. Finally, add the lime juice, coriander and peanuts. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.