- 1tbsp oil
- 800g (1lb 12oz) free-range British pork tenderloin, thickly sliced and seasoned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium Bramley apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 500ml (18fl oz) chicken stock
- 400g (14oz) baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 large bulb fennel, sliced
- 175ml (6fl oz) double cream
- 1 small bunch tarragon, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Over a medium heat, lightly brown the pork in batches; set aside. Add the onion to the pan and cook until lightly browned. Return the pork to the pan and add the apples, stock and potatoes; bring to the boil. Cover and leave to simmer gently for 1 hour or until the pork is tender. After 40 minutes, add the fennel.
Add the cream to the pan, season well, and allow to simmer again for 3 or 4 minutes. To serve, stir in the tarragon.