These brownies are also available to buy from Raw Press.
- Heat the oven to 180C,160C fan, gas 4.
- Steam the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- In a food processor, blend the sweet potatoes with the dates to get a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir in the sweet potato and date mixture.
- Place the mixture into a lined baking dish and cook for 20-30 minutes, until a fork inserted into the brownie comes out dry.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before cutting the brownies into squares.
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 14 medjool dates, pitted
- 80g ground almonds
- 100g buckwheat or brown rice flour
- 5tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4tbsp pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
Gillian Anderson reveals her ‘hot date’ for the Golden Globes
The cutest date we've seen!
By Sarah Finley •
Danni Minogue 'Shopping was a depressing experience for me'
The Australian Pop icon, TV star, and fashion designer launches a new petite fashion and jewellery range with digital retailer QVC
By Selina Maycock •
Brilliant news for the Queen as the return of favored event is confirmed for 2021
The Queen has often been pictured enjoying this key event
By Emma Shacklock •