By Jane Curran
Reacquaint yourself with a good butcher and buy thick large sirloins. Two steaks will serve four, so this is a cost-effective way to get your red meat fix. We love this Middle Eastern twist on a classic supper. The rich nutty, spice mix finishes off this steak salad perfectly.
- 2 large thick-cut sirloins
- a little olive oil
- for the dukkah
- 85g sesame seeds
- 50g coriander seeds
- 25g cumin seeds
- 100g skinned hazelnuts
For the salsa
- spring onions, finely chopped
- ripe large tomatoes, deseeded
- and finely chopped
- handful coriander, finely chopped
- 4tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- large green chilli, seeded and minced
- garlic clove, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- First, make the dukkah (an Egyptian nutty spice mix). Toast the sesame seeds then put into a pestle and mortar. Now toast the coriander and cumin seeds and add to the sesame. Toast the hazelnuts and finely chop. Grind the spices together then stir in the nuts and some salt and pepper. You can store this in an airtight jar for 4 weeks.
- For the salsa, simply mix everything together. You can make this 3 hrs ahead. Any longer and it will become watery. Season just before serving.
- To cook the steaks, rub all over with oil. Season with salt. Don’t add pepper until cooked otherwise the pepper will just burn and become bitter. Get your barbecue or griddle really hot, then sear the steak on both sides. Then move it to a cooler part of the grill and cook for 3 mins each side for medium rare. Allow it to rest for 5 mins. Thickly slice then sprinkle with the dukkah and serve with the salsa. Some crusty bread on the side would be perfect.
Research reveals that 14.5 per cent of women feel menopause is affecting their sex lives
New research has revealed that 14.5 per cent of women feel that menopause is affecting their sex lives
By Aleesha Badkar •
This cult US skincare brand is coming to Boots very soon - and we can't wait
Treat yourself to some of their gorgeous products...
By Amy Hunt •
Missoma reveals limited-time discount code to save you 20 per cent off your jewelry favourites
Missoma has launched a discount code offering a huge 20 per cent discount on all of their jewelry
By Aleesha Badkar •