- 800g (1lb 12oz) diced leg of lamb
- 5 garlic cloves, bashed but not peeled
- 2tbsp Moroccan spice mix (we used Chermoula, available in supermarkets)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) bulgur wheat
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- large handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 400ml (14fl oz) natural yogurt
- large handful mint, leaves finely chopped
- juice half lemon
- you will need:
- 4 skewers
Place the lamb, garlic, spice mix and oil in a bowl, combine and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
To make the bulgur wheat, place in a large bowl and pour boiling water over to about 0.5cm (0.25in) above the grains. Cover with clingfilm and leave for 5 minutes, then remove the clingfilm and ruffle the grains with a fork. If they’re still hard when bitten, pour over a touch more boiling water and leave again. Leave to cool slightly, then mix through the red pepper, parsley and spring onions, and season well.
Heat a griddle pan or a grill to high. Remove the lamb from the marinade, push on to 4 skewers, season and grill for about 3 to 5 minutes, turning the skewers occasionally so that they cook evenly – 3 minutes will give you pink lamb, while 5 will ensure that it’s well done.
While the lamb is cooking, combine the yogurt, mint and lemon juice, and season. Serve the lamb with the yogurt spooned over and the bulgur wheat on the side.