By Jane Curran
Lamb is a staple in Middle Eastern cuisine and this Moroccan dish makes an exciting change from a Sunday roast. This lamb recipe is given a rich, spicy flavour by the Baharat spice blend, which will make a great addition to your storecupboard for future Moroccan endeavours.
The orange glazed heritage carrots add a wonderful sweetness to the dish and provide a splash of colour, while the chilli yogurt provides a cool kick. This dish requires a bit of time to allow the rich spices and orange to infuse the lamb, but the result is an impressive and filling supper that is worth the wait.
HOW TO MAKE MOROCCAN LAMB
- Brown the lamb in a pan. Heat the oven to150C fan, gas 3. Put the lamb into a casserole dish with a lid. Add the Baharat, stock, zest and half the juice. (Keep the rest of the juice for the carrots and a little zest to garnish.) Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Cook the carrots in a sauté pan with the orange juice, butter and 150ml water. If the water evaporates, add a little more. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until tender, then uncover and reduce the liquid until the carrots are nicely glazed.
- Remove the lamb from the liquid and slice. Mix the yogurt, chilli and mint together. Serve the lamb with the yogurt, carrots and pineapple.
- 1kg lamb neck fillet
- 2tbsp Baharat (Moroccan spice blend)
- 350ml strong chicken stock
- zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 300g rainbow (heirloom) carrots
- 50g butter
- 150g thick natural yogurt
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced
Sarah Jessica Parker and JLo's favorite reusable face mask has sold out 14 times
Even better? You can currently snap up more than 20% off the usual price tag
By Lucy Abbersteen •
A look at Highgrove House, Prince of Charles and Duchess Camilla's stunning Cotswolds retreat
Everything you need to know about Highgrove House, the home of Charles and Camilla
By Laura Harman •
Is This Is Us ending with Season 6? Everything we know so far
Everything we know about the This Is Us Season 6 release date, news, spoilers and more
By Lucy Abbersteen •