By Elisa Roche
This beautiful dish of lamb steak and roast vegetables also works great on the BBQ
This dish looks both elegant and appealing but it is deceptively straightforward to prepare - perfect if you are having friends round for dinner. When you think of steak your mind probably goes to beef rather than lamb but lamb rump has incredible flavour and it is much more affordable. Roasting red peppers whole is our favourite way to cook them - it brings out their sweetness and breaks down the flesh into a tender, melt in the mouth consistency. We then toss the peppers in a vinaigrette to create a lovely accompaniment to the lamb. The final element is a mix of herby aubergine and sugar snaps but it would be great with these roast potatoes as well.
- Rub the lamb with the cumin and paprika and leave to marinate.
- Grill the peppers at a high heat until the skins are charred and blackened. Mix together the vinegars and olive oil and stir in the garlic, thyme and rosemary. Place the charred peppers into the marinade and leave them to rest for 45 minutes.
- Slice the aubergine into four thick slices, splash with 1tbsp olive oil and grill until charred and blackened too.
- Quickly blanch the sugar snaps in water and toss in the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix the mint leaves with the aubergine and sugar snaps and allow them to rest.
- Place the lamb into a frying pan and heat over a gentle heat until the outside is browned, then place this into the oven and bake for around 8 -10 mins. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 mins.
- Place the roasted pepper on the plate along with the slice of aubergine, Slice the lamb into 4 and then arrange it next to the aubergine. Season the lamb and it's ready to go.
- 2 lamb rump steaks
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 romano red peppers
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp sherry vinegar
- 120ml olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 aubergine
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 200g sugar snap peas
- salt and pepper
- 40 mint leaves
Top Tip for making Lamb steak with aubergine and Romano peppers
Blanching is a method of cooking where the ingredient is plunged into hot water quickly - to cook it without losing too much colour of texture.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •