Roast potatoes, crispy on the outside, soft in the centre and full of the flavour of truffle oil. These are our ultimate truffle roast potatoes!
Christmas comes but once a year so make the main event super special. The roast potato is arguably the star of any roast dinner. At Christmas, this is no different. Follow our recipe for potatoes that are crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy in the middle, and drizzled with luxurious truffle oil – perfect!
- Heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Put the potatoes into a large pan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins before straining. Place a tea towel over the pan to allow the potatoes to steam for a few mins. Meanwhile, heat the goose fat or dripping in a roasting tin until very hot.
- Add the polenta or semolina to the potatoes and shake to coat evenly and roughen up the edges. Tip into the roasting tin, coat with the fat and roast for 45 mins, basting midway. They should be lightly browned and crispy.Sprinkle with sea salt and truffle oil to serve.
- 1.5kg King Edward potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 200ml jar goose fat or dripping
- 3tbsp fine polenta or semolina
- 2tbsp truffle oil (we like M&S)
- sea salt
Top Tip for making Ultimate Truffle Roast Potatoes
If you want to make these roast potatoes vegan friendly, simply replace the goose fat with olive oil. If you’re serving to children who might be a little overwhelmed by the truffle flavour then set enough back to serve them before giddly drizzling the rest with the truffle oil.
Married At First Sight's Cam and Jules reveal they 'didn't find each other attractive' at first
“It wasn’t love at first sight, but it was a vibe at first sight.”
By Emma Dooney •
Will Smith opens up about why he's choosing to speak about his experiences with racism now
Will Smith has recently opened up about his experience with racism in a new interview
By Laura Harman •
Queen’s cousin and his wife take part in remarkable challenge in support of vital charity
The Duke of Gloucester is Her Majesty's first cousin
By Emma Shacklock •