By Jane Curran
This easy sweet potato soup recipe comes with the delicious smoky paprika and savoury chorizo. Sweet potatoes have a flavoursome, sweet-and-spicy taste, which makes them a great pairing for the smoky chorizo sausage. Carrots are bursting with vitamins, such as betakarotene which is helps to maintain a healthy skin. This soup willl keep you warm on a cold day and makes sure you look radiant, no matter what the weather is outside. It is a very easy recipe for sweet potato soup: just sweat the onions for a while, add the potatoes and carrots and stir well. Season with smoked paprika for extra spice and add seasoning and the vegetable stock. When everything is cooked tender, simply whizz the soup into a purée. Fry off the diced chorizo and enjoy with fresh bread.
Looking for more cooking inspiration? We have a plenty of other soup recipes.
HOW TO MAKE SMOKY SWEET POTATO SOUP
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Sweat the onions until soft, then add the sweet potatoes and carrots, and stir well. Add the paprika and mix in with plenty of seasoning. Add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz to a purée and stir in the parsley. Fry off the chorizo (you won’t need any oil) until crispy and serve.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 650g sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 450g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 3tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100g diced chorizo
How to use jojoba oil for hair that's silky smooth to the touch
Jojoba oil for hair is one of the most lightweight and beneficial ways to revive lacklustre strands.
By Fiona Embleton •
Jane Fonda reveals she's embracing her gray hair and she looks incredible
The star said "enough is enough" in a recent appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Jill Biden shares a powerful message about grief with Kelly Clarkson
Jill Biden reveals how she overcame the grief of losing her stepson, Beau Biden, to Kelly Clarkson in a candid interview
By Emma Dooney •