By Jane Curran
This easy sweet potato soup recipe comes with the delicious smoky paprika and savoury chorizo. Sweet potatoes have a flavoursome, sweet-and-spicy taste, which makes them a great pairing for the smoky chorizo sausage. Carrots are bursting with vitamins, such as betakarotene which is helps to maintain a healthy skin. This soup willl keep you warm on a cold day and makes sure you look radiant, no matter what the weather is outside. It is a very easy recipe for sweet potato soup: just sweat the onions for a while, add the potatoes and carrots and stir well. Season with smoked paprika for extra spice and add seasoning and the vegetable stock. When everything is cooked tender, simply whizz the soup into a purée. Fry off the diced chorizo and enjoy with fresh bread.
Looking for more cooking inspiration? We have a plenty of other soup recipes.
HOW TO MAKE SMOKY SWEET POTATO SOUP
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 650g sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 450g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 3tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100g diced chorizo
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Sweat the onions until soft, then add the sweet potatoes and carrots, and stir well. Add the paprika and mix in with plenty of seasoning. Add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz to a purée and stir in the parsley. Fry off the chorizo (you won’t need any oil) until crispy and serve.
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
'He's like a brother to me' Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about her relationship with ex Chris Martin
Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed what her relationship is like with her ex
By Robyn Morris •
Jennifer Garner has one concern about the 'Bennifer' reunion
Jennifer Garner shared her worries over the pace of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's relationship
By Rylee Johnston •
Will Britney Spears ever perform again? Her latest Instagram Q&A gives fans some insight
'I'm in a transition in my life,' the pop star reveals
By Danielle Valente •