By Jane Curran
For a super quick dinner that really does taste great, try this simple risotto recipe this week. Using bacon and smoked haddock, this dish is full of flavour and makes a really creamy risotto that the whole family will love. It also makes a great dinner party recipe.
Plus, its’ all done in one dish and ready in half an hour – what more could you want?
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED HADDOCK AND BACON RISOTTO
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and add the bacon. Fry until crisp, then set aside. Reduce the heat, add the butter and onion and soften for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a simmer and poach the haddock for 4-5 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Keep the stock simmering.
- Add the rice to the onions. Coat well in the butter and cook for a minute. Turn up the heat, add the wine or vermouth and let it bubble for a few minutes.
- Add enough stock to cover the rice and simmer for 5 minutes. Stirring constantly, gradually add the remaining stock.
- When the rice is cooked through, add the bacon, fish and half the Parmesan, and continue to stir for a couple more minutes. Add a knob of butter and leave to rest for a few minutes, then add the rest of the Parmesan and the parsley.
- 1tsp olive oil
- 6 thick rashers smoked streaky bacon, snipped into small pieces
- 25g butter, plus extra to finish
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- around 1 litre chicken stock
- 300g smoked haddock
- 300g risotto rice
- 3-4tbsp white wine or dry vermouth
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- a handful of parsley leaves, chopped
Sarah Jessica Parker and JLo's favorite reusable face mask has sold out 14 times
Even better? You can currently snap up more than 20% off the usual price tag
By Lucy Abbersteen •
A look at Highgrove House, Prince of Charles and Duchess Camilla's stunning Cotswolds retreat
Everything you need to know about Highgrove House, the home of Charles and Camilla
By Laura Harman •
Is This Is Us ending with Season 6? Everything we know so far
Everything we know about the This Is Us Season 6 release date, news, spoilers and more
By Lucy Abbersteen •