By Jane Curran
For a super quick dinner that really does taste great, try this simple risotto recipe this week. Using bacon and smoked haddock, this dish is full of flavour and makes a really creamy risotto that the whole family will love. It also makes a great dinner party recipe.
Plus, its’ all done in one dish and ready in half an hour – what more could you want?
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED HADDOCK AND BACON RISOTTO
- 1tsp olive oil
- 6 thick rashers smoked streaky bacon, snipped into small pieces
- 25g butter, plus extra to finish
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- around 1 litre chicken stock
- 300g smoked haddock
- 300g risotto rice
- 3-4tbsp white wine or dry vermouth
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- a handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and add the bacon. Fry until crisp, then set aside. Reduce the heat, add the butter and onion and soften for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a simmer and poach the haddock for 4-5 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Keep the stock simmering.
- Add the rice to the onions. Coat well in the butter and cook for a minute. Turn up the heat, add the wine or vermouth and let it bubble for a few minutes.
- Add enough stock to cover the rice and simmer for 5 minutes. Stirring constantly, gradually add the remaining stock.
- When the rice is cooked through, add the bacon, fish and half the Parmesan, and continue to stir for a couple more minutes. Add a knob of butter and leave to rest for a few minutes, then add the rest of the Parmesan and the parsley.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •