HOW TO MAKE SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SALAD WITH FREEKEH AND POMEGRANATE
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.25kg boneless lamb shoulder
- 1tbsp olive oil, plus 1½tbsp extra
- 60ml (2floz or ¼ cup) pomegranate molasses plus 1tbsp extra
- 1tbsp honey
- 175g cracked freekeh
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed and cut into long florets
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed and juice reserved
- Preheat the oven to 160C (315F/gas mark 2-3). Crush the cumin seeds and cinnamon in a mortar and pestle. Drizzle the lamb with the oil and rub with the crushed spices, then season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Brown the lamb in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, turning to brown both sides.
- Place the lamb shoulder in a large roasting pan and brush with about three-quarters of the combined pomegranate molasses and honey. Place a large piece of non-stick baking paper over the lamb, tucking the edges under, then cover the entire pan with a layer of foil. Roast the lamb for 2½-3 hours, or until the meat is extremely tender and can be shredded with a fork. Brush the remaining pomegranate mixture over the lamb, then set aside and cool slightly. Coarsely shred the meat.
- Meanwhile, cook the freekeh in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold running water, then drain well, squeezing out as much excess water as possible. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Blanch the broccolini in a large saucepan of boiling water until bright green and tender-crisp. Refresh under cold running water, then drain well. Add the broccolini, onion and three-quarters of the pomegranate seeds to the freekeh and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the extra olive oil and pomegranate molasses and 1tbsp of the reserved pomegranate juice. Add to the salad and toss to combine, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, pile the salad on to a large serving platter, top with the shredded lamb and sprinkle with the remaining pomegranate seeds.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •