For a really lovely dessert recipe that’s super easy to make and tastes delicious, why not give this honey and rhubarb nut crumble a try? It’s a slow cooker recipe that’s perfect for a warming dessert when you’re entertaining. This recipe serves six people, so it’s a great one to try if you’re feeding a crowd too.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER HONEY AND RHUBARB NUT CRUMBLE
In the slow cooker:
- Lightly oil the slow cooker. Combine the rhubarb, 4 tablespoons of the honey, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients including the rest of the honey and scatter over the rhubarb mixture.
- Cook the crumble on high for 2 hours.
In the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas 4 and oil a 1.5 litre baking dish. Combine the rhubarb, 4 tablespoons of the honey, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon in the prepared dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes until the rhubarb is tender.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients including the rest of the honey and scatter over the rhubarb mixture. Return to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes until the crumble is golden.
Whole Food Slow Cooked by Olivia Andrews (Murdoch Books, £14.99). Photography by Steve Brown
- 125ml melted coconut oil
- 1kg rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 175g honey
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g ground almonds
- 155g macadamia nuts (toasted if using slow cooker), coarsely chopped
- 155g blanched almonds
- 80g walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
Why the Glossier Skincare Edit is our top pick from the new limited-edition Holiday Collection
The Glossier Skincare Edit is back by popular demand and is like a full skin routine on the go. Here's why we rate it...
By Fiona Embleton •
Prince Louis hasn’t yet hit this important royal milestone - and it may be a long wait
Prince Louis' siblings Prince George and Princess Charlotte have already experienced the excitement
By Emma Shacklock •
Aldi is selling the sweetest DIY gingerbread house and it’s less than £5!
Is this the best Aldi buy ever?
By Lydia Swinscoe •