Stir-fries are a week night meal classic and also super quick to recreate for a healthy lunch recipe.
This salmon recipe helps you towards one of your two recommended portions of fish a week, while the bean sprouts and mangetout are a step towards adding more fresh beg into your diet.
Soba noodles are thin Japanese noodles made of buckwheat flour, and add a lovely oriental twist to a classic stir-fry, while the ginger and lime zest add a wonderful zingy taste to make this healthy dinner recipe extra special.
HOW TO MAKE SALMON STIR-FRY WITH SOBA NOODLES
- Heat a wok to medium high, add half the oil and allow to heat up for a few seconds, add the salmon skin side up, cook for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, allowing it to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles according to pack instructions, run under cold water in a colander, toss in a little oil, set aside.
- Turn the wok heat down slightly, add the remaining oil then after a few seconds add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for a minute before adding the mangetout, cook for another 1-2 minutes then add the noodles, bean sprouts, spring onions, lime zest and juice, mix well then flake in the salmon. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, sprinkle over the coriander.
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g (1lb 2oz) salmon fillet, cut into 4
- 200g (7oz) soba noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm (1in) piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 150g (5oz) mangetout, halved lengthways
- 100g (4oz) bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- large handful coriander leaves, chopped
Everything you need to know about the Ginny & Georgia cast, plot, and more revealed
Netflix’s new show has got people talking
By Emma Shacklock •
Princess Anne marks special occasion with husband Sir Timothy Laurence at their stunning Gloucestershire home
They will have been married for 29 years this December
By Emma Shacklock •
This is how to cut onions without crying
It's easy when you know how
By Emma Dooney •