Stir-fries are a week night meal classic and also super quick to recreate for a healthy lunch recipe.
This salmon recipe helps you towards one of your two recommended portions of fish a week, while the bean sprouts and mangetout are a step towards adding more fresh beg into your diet.
Soba noodles are thin Japanese noodles made of buckwheat flour, and add a lovely oriental twist to a classic stir-fry, while the ginger and lime zest add a wonderful zingy taste to make this healthy dinner recipe extra special.
HOW TO MAKE SALMON STIR-FRY WITH SOBA NOODLES
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g (1lb 2oz) salmon fillet, cut into 4
- 200g (7oz) soba noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm (1in) piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 150g (5oz) mangetout, halved lengthways
- 100g (4oz) bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- large handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat a wok to medium high, add half the oil and allow to heat up for a few seconds, add the salmon skin side up, cook for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, allowing it to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles according to pack instructions, run under cold water in a colander, toss in a little oil, set aside.
- Turn the wok heat down slightly, add the remaining oil then after a few seconds add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for a minute before adding the mangetout, cook for another 1-2 minutes then add the noodles, bean sprouts, spring onions, lime zest and juice, mix well then flake in the salmon. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, sprinkle over the coriander.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •