By Jane Curran
Chorizo is a fantastic addition to any dinner party recipe thanks to its smoky and spicy taste that really helps to ramp up the flavour of your food. This tasty dish uses cooking chorizo and cod loin fillets, and the two go really well together.
Cod is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids that help to keep your heart healthy and your cholesterol low – so it’s a great choice for this meal. With baby broad beans and avocado in this salad recipe too, there are plenty of green veggies that are full of vitamins to fill you up and keep you healthy.
Samphire is a green vegetable with right green stalks, which is a bit similar to asparagus but has a crispy and salty taste. In this recipe we’ve chosen to steam it for a few minutes but it can also be used raw in salads too.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED COD WITH CHORIZO AND SAMPHIRE SALAD
- Heat the oven to 200C fan, gas 7. Fry the chorizo in a non-stick pan until crispy then drain on kitchen towel. Season the cod, put on a lightly oiled roasting tin and bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. A few minutes before the end of cooking, pop the chorizo in with the fish.
- Meanwhile, put the samphire and broad beans into a steamer and steam for 2-3 minutes. Put into a large bowl and mix with the avocado, lemon and olive oil. Season well and serve with the cod and chorizo on top.
- 190g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 4 cod loin fillets (around 750g)
- 180g samphire (widely available in supermarkets)
- 100g baby broad beans, double-podded
- 1 large avocado, cut into chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
Cheese and bacon hush puppies
Once you’ve tried one, you’ll be back for more!
By Jessica Ransom •
Scallops with samphire and lemon
These delicious scallops with samphire and lemon make an impressive starter
By Elisa Roche •
Homemade brioche buns with lemon mayo prawns
Learn how to make soft buttery brioche buns at home
By Jessica Ransom •
The golden rule Julia Roberts swears by for healthy skin (it's a must)
Julia Roberts skincare secret is an oldie, but a goodie – and one you should never skip
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Will Kamala Harris wear this US designer for the inaugeration?
The fashion stakes are high so what will Kamala Harris' inauguration outfit be by day and for the inaugural ball?
By Fiona Embleton •
Queen’s hopes for healing a Royal Family rift last year were dashed by pandemic
Princess Beatrice’s wedding plans had to change
By Emma Shacklock •