Riesling wines are often overlooked but there is so much variety and it adds a real zing in this fresh prawn pasta recipe
This Riesling prawn pasta is fresh, light and zingy. It’s probably unlike any white wine sauce you’ve had before because Riesling wines are often overlooked. They offer a huge amount of diversity and add a really interesting, unique favour to this dish. Although we have used pappardelle, you could use any shape you can find. Tagliatelle would have a similar finish while conchiglie or rigatoni could be good for scooping up more of the sauce. The lemon and garlic breadcrumbs can be made ahead of time and will keep in an airtight container. As well as tasting delicious sprinkled over this pasta, they would be a great coating for chicken breast or homemade fish fingers.
- Heat around 10g butter in non-stick frying pan and add 1tsp crushed garlic. Soften until fragrant then add the breadcrumbs and cook until golden. Stir in the lemon zest, season and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and add the garlic, cook until soft then pour in the wine. Reduce by a third then pour in the cream and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the prawns and cook for around 3 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in the dill then add the pasta and toss together. Serve into two bowls and sprinkle over the lemon and garlic breadcrumbs.
- 20g butter
- 25g panko breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest ¼ lemon
- 200g fresh pappardelle pasta
- 200ml dry Riesling wine, we used recommend picking one from the Alsace region
- 130ml single cream
- 150g raw king prawns, tails on
- 5g dill, fronds only
Top Tip for making Riesling prawn pasta with lemon and garlic breadcrumbs
Riesling wines range from dry to sweet but for this recipe it’s best to pick a very dry wine. If you can’t find one, a dry Sauvignon Blanc would work too
Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs returned safely after shock abduction and shooting
The singer's dogs have been recovered safe and well
By Georgia Farquharson •
Sophie Wessex is volunteering during the UK's coronavirus vaccine drive
The Countess is one of 10,000 volunteers with St John's Ambulance
By Amy Hunt •
The Queen’s sweet message to Prince Harry revealed
The Queen is said to be “delighted” that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have found happiness in their new life in America
By Georgia Farquharson •