This rice bowl with prawns and broccoli is a healthy and filling dish with a zingy dressing. Wholegrain rice, green leafy broccoli, and low-fat prawns make this meal so nutritious as well as delicious. A rice bowl is a great idea for a quick and easy dinner, and leftovers are perfect for your lunchbox the next day. If you don’t like too much spice, you can reduce or omit the fresh red chilli from this rice bowl recipe, but we love the fiery kick it adds. Try making this low fat and protein packed rice bowl for a speedy but healthy midweek meal. To make a veggie alternative, you could used cubes of firm tofu instead of prawns, and to make this dish vegan friendly, also swap the honey for agave.
HOW TO MAKE RICE BOWL WITH PRAWNS AND BROCCOLI
- a little oil, for frying
- 300g raw king prawns
- 400g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 200g fine green beans, trimmed
- 250g pouch microwave wholegrain rice
- 1tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 red chilli, sliced
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1tbsp honey
- Heat the oil and cook the prawns until pink and cooked through. Steam the broccoli and beans until tender. Meanwhile, cook the rice pouch in the microwave, this usually takes around 2 minutes, but check the package instructions.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork. Toss the broccoli, beans and rice in the dressing and sesame seeds, top with the prawns, then scatter over the chopped chilli.
Cheese and bacon hush puppies
Once you’ve tried one, you’ll be back for more!
By Jessica Ransom •
Scallops with samphire and lemon
These delicious scallops with samphire and lemon make an impressive starter
By Elisa Roche •
Homemade brioche buns with lemon mayo prawns
Learn how to make soft buttery brioche buns at home
By Jessica Ransom •
Is this the best foundation in the world? 160,000 5* reviews are hard to argue with
Il Makiage foundation is blowing the competition out of the water. Here's why...
By Fiona Embleton •
'What if that woman CAN'T have children' Michelle Williams hits back at one fans thoughtless comment
Michelle Williams gave a fan a much-needed awakening after he told her she ‘need some children’
By Kudzai Chibaduki •
MP warns about missing cervical screenings after she ‘lost most of her cervix after delaying smear’
MP, Alex Davies-Jones, reveals that she lost a significant amount of her cervix after she delayed getting a smear test
By Laura Harman •