This rice bowl with prawns and broccoli is a healthy and filling dish with a zingy dressing. Wholegrain rice, green leafy broccoli, and low-fat prawns make this meal so nutritious as well as delicious. A rice bowl is a great idea for a quick and easy dinner, and leftovers are perfect for your lunchbox the next day. If you don’t like too much spice, you can reduce or omit the fresh red chilli from this rice bowl recipe, but we love the fiery kick it adds. Try making this low fat and protein packed rice bowl for a speedy but healthy midweek meal. To make a veggie alternative, you could used cubes of firm tofu instead of prawns, and to make this dish vegan friendly, also swap the honey for agave.
HOW TO MAKE RICE BOWL WITH PRAWNS AND BROCCOLI
- a little oil, for frying
- 300g raw king prawns
- 400g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 200g fine green beans, trimmed
- 250g pouch microwave wholegrain rice
- 1tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 red chilli, sliced
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1tbsp honey
- Heat the oil and cook the prawns until pink and cooked through. Steam the broccoli and beans until tender. Meanwhile, cook the rice pouch in the microwave, this usually takes around 2 minutes, but check the package instructions.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork. Toss the broccoli, beans and rice in the dressing and sesame seeds, top with the prawns, then scatter over the chopped chilli.
Prince William and Kate Middleton celebrate Earth Day by asking fans to ‘give the earth a shot’
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have celebrated Earth Day by sharing an important message with their fans
By Laura Harman •
Everyone's obsessing over Promising Young Woman, here's how to watch the award winner at home
Carey Mulligan in Promising Young Woman is divine!
By Laura Harman •
The truth about Kate Middleton's nail polish 'rules' has been revealed
Kate Middleton's nail polish 'rules' are not actively enforced, a royal expert reveals
By Emma Dooney •